Welcome



Welcome to Hikari's Handicrafts, your creative source for cute and functional knit, crochet, and sewn goodies!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Commission in Progress!

Time flies when you're having fun!  I've been keeping myself busy this winter with commission work.  I have a lovely afghan in progress for a friend, and I think it's going to be awesome when finished.

The first steps - 1/18/15
She said she wanted neon pink and black, so I went out yarn shopping and got her okay on this color combination.  As I started work on the afghan for her, I realized that if I stuck to just the above 3 colors, I would have to get more yarn.  I'm a bit lazy, so I wanted to avoid that.

There's almost a full color pattern established! - 1/25/15
I found the purple and blue colors buried in my yarn stash.  They were leftovers from another project, and as luck would have it, they matched the variegated yarn!

It's getting there - 2/11/15
I was hoping to have things completed by Valentine's Day, but I just started working full-time again at the beginning of February.  I'm hoping that working on this in the evenings and over the weekend will mean it gets finished before March hits.  We'll see.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment