Welcome



Welcome to Hikari's Handicrafts, your creative source for cute and functional knit, crochet, and sewn goodies!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Adventures in Drop-Spinning

I've taken a small break from crochet work to do some more drop-spinning.  I'm actually really excited about it, partially because I have a new drop-spindle that I ordered from a great local business!  I first learned of them (Shepherd's Custom Woodworking) when I went to the Mid-Ohio Fiber Fair back in August.  If you want to check out what they offer (they have a lot of great knitting and crochet accessories) check out their Etsy shop, or their Facebook page.

Anyway, I'm back to playing with my fiber stash, and it's great!  Once I get things spun up and plyed appropriately, I'll share photos.

*If you're looking to order/buy fiber, check out these businesses.  I love what they have to offer.
Dyed in the Wool Biz - They offer lots of great rovings and a fiber of the month club.  They're also a great learning resource for spinning and weaving.  One of the owners was actually the one who taught me how to drop-spin!  

Unplanned Peacock Studio - So much to offer, and it's all gorgeous!  They have hand-dyed, hand-spun yarns available, as well as hand-dyed fiber that you can spin yourself.  There are tons of great colorways available!

Christi's Just for Ewe - This lovely lady is located in Marblehead, Ohio.  She has a great little yarn shop, art retreat, a gift shop, and a few resident sheep that provide the fiber she sells.  She has a great variety of product, from hand-dyed and hand-spun yarns to some of the higher end offerings like Noro.  If you ever happen to be up on the lakeshore, she's definitely a great place to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment